Projected Ontario Legislative Business for Thursday, Oct. 20 (subject to change):
- 9:00 a.m. – Government Notice of Motion Number 2. Watch Live!
Mr. Naqvi – That, pursuant to Standing Order 47 and notwithstanding any other Standing Order or Special Order of the House relating to Bill 37, An Act to amend the Early Childhood Educators Act, 2007, and the Ontario College of Teachers Act, 1996, when the Bill is next called as a Government Order, the Speaker shall put every question necessary to dispose of the Second Reading stage of the Bill without further debate or amendment and at such time the Bill shall be Ordered referred to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs; and
That the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs be authorized to meet on Thursday, October 27, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for the purpose of public hearings on the Bill.
10:45 a.m. – Question Period. Watch Live!
- 2:00 p.m. Private Members’ business: Watch Live!
- Private Members’ Motion Number 29: Ms. MacLeod – That, in the opinion of this House, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) should appoint an advisory committee to review jurisdictions where a process is in place to consider lifesaving experimental and high cost healthcare treatments and otherwise exceptional circumstances for patients. The MOHLTC advisory committee should consider Australia’s Special Access Scheme; New Zealand’s Exceptional Circumstances Framework and High Cost Treatment Pool and the UK’s National Health Service’s Experimental and Unproven Treatments Policy with the view to establish a compassionate catastrophic care program in Ontario for those suffering from rare disease or whose treatments may be experimental or complimentary but are not yet covered by Ontario Health Insurance Program (OHIP).
- Second Reading of Bill 26, An Act to amend the Employment Standards Act, 2000 in respect of leave and accommodation for victims of domestic or sexual violence and to amend the Occupational Health and Safety Act in respect of information and instruction concerning domestic and sexual violence. Sponsor: Peggy Sattler.
- Second Reading of Bill 44, An Act to proclaim the month of March as Bangladeshi Heritage Month. Sponsor: Lorenzo Berardinetti
- Voting on all Private Members’ business takes place at 4:30. Watch Live!
Projected Ontario Legislature Committee meetings for Thursday, Oct. 20
- There are no scheduled committee meetings today.